There are many great benefits of owning a motorhome but when you do own one, it’s your responsibility to make sure you have the right cover in place.
Below are the main insurance options you can choose with a motorhome policy as well as some great ways to save money.
- Third party – Third party insurance works the same way for motorhomes as it does for cars. It will provide enough cover for you to be able to drive your motorhome legally but only provides protection for other vehicles if you’re at fault for a collision.
- Third party, fire and theft – The same as third party only cover except your motorhome is also covered for fire damage and theft.
- Comprehensive – Comprehensive insurance will cover your motorhome for all types of collisions, even ones that you are at fault for. Comprehensive insurance also includes fire and theft.
- Breakdown assistance – Breakdown assistance is always a must when you have a motorhome. Even if you already have breakdown assistance from another provider, it’s still worth finding out what the extra cost would be since you could get it cheaper as part of your insurance.
Below are some of the best ways you can save money on motorhome insurance –
- Insure as a fleet – A lot of people who own a motorhome, also have at least one other car that they use for everyday purposes. If this is the case then you could save money by getting your motorhome and car(s) insured as a mini fleet. If you want to get quotes for minifleet insurance then visit Cheap Fleet.
- Get a limited mileage policy – If you only use your motorhome at certain times of the year then a limited mileage policy is a great way to cut down the cost of your insurance. As the name would suggest, both you and your insurance provider agree to a set number of miles that you’ll stay below within a year.
- Get quotes from different providers – Getting quotes from different insurance providers is one of the best ways to save money on motorhome insurance. Thankfully this is now very easy to do. Getting quotes from different insurers will enable you to easily compare them and choose the right policy that offers the best value for money.