If you love motorhomes and would like to make a living from buying and selling them then you should find the information in this guy extremely useful.
Below you’ll find practical information on how to make your business a success as well as practical things such as finding the right premises as well as paying business tax and getting insurance.
Where to start
The first thing you’ll need to do in order to get started is to write out a business plan. This will enable you to clearly think about what steps you’ll need to take in order to make your business a success. A lot of used motorhome dealers will first start buying and selling cars and then move onto selling motorhomes as a niche. You don’t necessarily need to do this if you’re already experienced and know a lot about motorhomes.
Finding the perfect premises for your business
A good premises for a motorhome dealership should be –
- Spacious – A good amount of space is certainly going to be necessary when you’re selling such large vehicles.
- In a good location – A good premises would ideally be located where there’s plenty of passers by and in a place that’s easy to access from main roads.
- Secure – Security is always important since it will reduce the chance of your business being targetted by thieves and vandals and will also help to lower your insuance costs.
Getting the right cover
If you want to buy and sell motorhomes for a living then you’ll need to get the right type of cover. A motor trade insurance policy will enable you to cover all the vehicles you have in your possession under one policy. If you get a combined policy then you’ll also be able to protect your premises as well as your tools, cash and assets. Visit Traders Insurance to get quotes from motor trade insurance specialists now.
Keeping the cost of insurance to a minimum
- Secure your premises – Making your premises secure is always worth it. Taking measures such as installing security lights, CCTV and security alarm will certainly help to lower the cost of your insurance.
- Pay annually – If you can pay for your policy annually rather than monthly then it puts you in a great position to negotiate a lower rate with your insurance provider.
- Get plenty of quotes – Getting quotes is easier than ever to do and is one of the most reliable ways to save money on motor trade insurance.